Monday, October 6, 2014

Memorable Passage

Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages must show. —Charles Dickens, David Copperfield (1850)




The reason why this passage has stuck out to me more than others is because I can really relate to it. I only want nothing more in life then to come out ontop of my own story in the end and say "And then I did it, I woke up one day and decided I never want to feel like that again, and I haven't since." that would be amazing, but if someone else ends up saving me before I can, then that's great too. I just want my story to show, whoever saves me, I want my story to be known, no matter how the ending turns out, the story itself doesn't change. The ending to the story is irrelevant to me, I have made it this far, I know I am only going to go further. Some people wish that they could forget the past, but I never want to forget the past, I want to always remember what I went through and how strong it made me, and so then when I get upset or mad over little things, I can tell myself "Hey, atleast its not as bad as it was that one time when you were 14." My mental battle wounds are not a burden, I wear them as a shield of honor and nothing less.

1 comment:

  1. This is a powerful, life-affirming outlook you've garnered from Dickens' words. I admire your resilience and your willingness to make peace with and draw strength from the darker days you have made it through. That last line is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete