Friday, September 12, 2014

Writers as Readers



I think that if you read you do become a better writer because you learn different ways to phrase things and more unique words to use. I think that we see a word or sentence or something the way someone said that you like and you pick it up and start using it. I can speak from experience because I love writing and no one sat me down one day and handed me a pencil and said “now this is how you write a story that will wow someone.” No, I read a lot of books with descriptive things and words that aren’t used very often and characters that have sparked an idea in my mind, and I take what they write and make it my own. Writing helps me a lot in all different aspects of my life and I can honestly say that reading books and poetry has played a big role in it.


I really hope to write a book one day because I love writing and I love story telling. Personally, I think I am pretty good at it. Writing is one of my favorite things to do and I really would like to one day take my stories further out into the world for more people than just my high school friends to see. I would like to do something with my future that revolves around writing.  


I think if I were to write a book it would be a biography first because I am the most interesting person I know considering all the things I have been through and done and everyone else seems to like the stories I tell about some event I have been through, so why not a big book about all of them?


I think what got me started with my passion for writing and wanting to do something with my life with writing in it was when I read a bunch of poetry and just learned a lot about words that really make you feel what the author is feeling or see in your mind what the author is describing because it is in such amazing detail. I was always amazed really good writers were kind of like painters of the imagination, they think something, they write it down, they see it and then we see it too.

1 comment:

  1. You should write a book about yourself that is a combination of autobiographical chapters and also poems connected to the events or those times in your life. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete