Wednesday, September 17, 2014

End of Story


I don’t know what it is but there was something about my boyfriend, Jim’s friend that just didn’t set right with me. Maybe it was the fact he kept staring at me whenever my boyfriend wasn’t looking, or maybe it was the fact that he doesn’t even know me and has been acknowledging my existence more than he was towards the person who initially invited him over for dinner in the first place. Jim thought I was just being paranoid and there was nothing to worry about. I mean, he should be right, they have known each other since they were kids and Jim seemed to really like him, so maybe I am just being paranoid.

Later that night after we all eat dinner, we sit in the living room and I listen to the boys as they reminisce their childhood, high school and college days. They really were good friends, and this guy didn’t seem so bad, so I wasn’t minding hanging out with them and getting to know both of them really well. I got up to go to the kitchen to get some drinks for everyone. I was standing at the kitchen counter with my back towards the entry way, I heard someone come in but no one said anything, I just figured it was one of the boys coming in to get something to eat, but then when arms came out from the sides of my waist and wrapped around me, I laughed and said “Jim, your friend is here, stop.” Playfully pushing him away, and when I turned around to look at him, I jumped in my skin a bit when I saw that it wasn’t Jim, but it was his friend. I asked him what the hell he was doing, Jim heard the noise and came in there and asked as well what was going on, his friend then continued to say how I was accusing him of hitting on me, Jim then looked at me and told me to let it go and that his friend is a good guy and he wouldn’t do that, I was outraged by Jim. How could he believe him over me? I rolled my eyes and tossed the drinks into the sink and started my way up to the bedroom.

I lay down in bed just ready to go to sleep simply because I was too angry to be awake, I don’t really remember falling asleep, but I remember waking up. I heard the door open and someone come in the bedroom, when I felt Jims side of the bed sink down, I figured it was just him finally coming to bed, I roll over still kind of upset by the way he treated me in front of his friend and when I felt him turn over to face me, I was shocked when I heard an unfamiliar voice whisper “Jim is asleep.” I jumped off the bed in a quick motion and turned to once again, find his friend there, he was looking at me with a crazy smile and a look of pure determination in his eyes, I screamed for Jim loudly and ran into the bathroom and locked myself in as his friend was pounding on the door and I soon heard Jim running up the stairs, the door was being blocked so Jim had to beat it down, when I heard Jim enter, I heard the two throw each other back and forth across the room and yelling and punches being thrown and hard breathing when I opened the door with my burning hot curling iron in my hand ready to help my boyfriend fight this crazy person off, but when I opened the door I saw that Jim had him on the floor throwing punch after punch at his face and soon his friend reached up and right hooked him pretty hard, right when I was starting to get worried, Jim reached in his back pocket and the knife came down, missing him by inches and he took off.

1 comment:

  1. I could totally see a scene like this actually unfolding...I wonder what damage that curling iron could have done!

    ReplyDelete